We would like to extend an offer to you to help us reach our goals in making the Saratoga Motorcar Auction the premier auction in the Northeast and help further the Museum’s exhibit and educational programming.
We’re offering a chance for you to help enhance the inventory for this year’s Auction and make a little extra money in the process! Use your relationships and connections in the collector car hobby to make some significant spare cash.
Note: A Specialist is a salesperson that recruits owners to consign their vehicles to be auctioned.
Here's how it works:
1 - EARN IMMEDIATE BONUSES ON ALL ACCEPTED CONSIGNMENTS:
• Earn a bonus of $100 for each “no-reserve” and $50 for each “reserve” approved consignment
• Bonus payments are issued within three business days of Auction's receipt and deposit of the consignor’s funds.
2 – IN ADDITION EARN 10% COMMISION:
• Specialist earns 10% of the both the buyer and seller premiums on all sold and completed transactions.
• A completed transaction includes payment in full of vehicle and all associated fees and funds cleared.
• Once funds are cleared, commission checks will be issued within 30 days.
• Commission is not paid on any unsold vehicle.
EXAMPLE 1 - “RESERVE” Consignment – vehicle sells for $25,000 – ON RESERVE seller pays 7% commissionable premium - $1,750. Buyer pays 10% commissionable premium - $2,500.
Total commissionable premium- $4,250 – specialist 10% commission = $425 commission + $50 bonus = $475
EXAMPLE 2 – “NO RESERVE” Consignment – vehicle sells for $50,000 - NO RESERVE seller pays 5% commissionable premium - $2,500. Buyer pays 10% commissionable premium - $5,000.
Total Commissionable Premium - $7,500 – Specialist 10% commission = $750 commission + $100 bonus = $850
3 – REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A SPECIALIST:
• You must submit a completed Specialist application to the Auction Director.
• Once the Auction Director approves the application, you will receive notice that you are a Specialist.
• In order to receive commission or bonuses, the Specialist's name must be on the completed and signed consignment form with the consignment fee at the time of consignment. No execptions will be made.