1962 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod
This car was driven from Canada to Naples, FL without any technical problems of any kind. It is very reliable and rides like most new cars. It has won dozens of awards across Canada and the USA, including “Best-In Show”, “People's Choice” “Best Engineered” and “Best Paint”.
Color of the car changes in different light as you can see above (outdoor vs indoor).
1962 CORVETTE RESTO MODS ARE IN HIGH DEMAND
At Barrett Jackson in 2022, four 1962 Corvette Resto Mods sold for between $400,000 and $500,000. All four were similar to my car. The Barrett Jackson cars were freshly restored. My Corvette was restored 15 years ago so there are a few chips in the paint. The sale price has been reduced accordingly.
Many hidden customizations have been made to the body of the car to improve the “fit”, improve safety, stiffen the body and accommodate newer technologies.
· underside of front fenders are strengthened with layers of carbon fiber to stiffen the body and prevent fender cracking (common in C1 Corvettes)
· underside of body in the seating area was strengthened with balsa wood and resins (same material used in offshore racing boats) to add body stiffness
· headlights have been updated with brighter headlights for added safety
· coves have hidden signal lights in them for improved safety when changing lanes on wide highways (stock signal lights in stock C1 cars are poor).
· trunk lid has hidden third brake light in Corvette emblem to reduce the risk of getting rear-ended (the taillights in stock C1 Corvettes are small and very low)
· Corvette emblem on trunk lid has a hidden satellite receiver for stereo
· brighter LED taillights have been added for added safety (stock Corvette taillights are poor)
· door lock and trunk locks have been removed to prevent keys from scratching the paint
· rear wheel wells were widened to accommodate wider, 9” rear tires
· interior of trunk modified to accommodate modern stereo components
· body exterior has been painted light gold, pearl metallic paint from House of Kolor (French Vanilla), with many clear coats that were wet sanded between coats
· underside of the body has been painted with “Stone Guard” in bronze metallic
Interior has been modified to match the original wherever possible.
· tan leather on seats, doors, floors, dash and steering wheel was intentionally made to match the original vinyl color and stitching
· digital dash from Dakota digital installed in 2019, many push button features for quarter mile and 60 foot times, changing from MPH and KPH (original gauges were very inaccurate)
· billet aluminum steering column
· Hurst roll-control (line lock) switch added to shifter to hold car still when heating tires prior to launches at drag strips (testing only, car not raced)
· modern stereo and custom kick panels for modern speaker system
· modern windshield wiper system replaces original vacuum system
· modern heater system, chromed door hinges and latches
CHASSIS REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY
· Custom tube chassis reduced the vehicle weight from 3,200 lbs to 2,800 lbs. Chassis is powder coated in semi-gloss, bronze metallic.
· IRS rear axle from Kugel Components. Chrome Ford 9” differential (strong) with 3.27:1 gear ratio. Modified with 4 link suspension to reduce wheel hop during tire spin. This car has won several “best engineered” and many “people's choice” awards.
· Car was on air ride in pic below. Air ride was removed recently for improved reliability, ride and better performance. Pro-mod half shafts, u-joints and driveshaft (very strong).
· Supercharged, intercooled LS1 Corvette engine. Rear wheel horsepower on chassis dyno showed 510HP and 540 ft-lbs of torque from 1,800 RPM through 6,500RPM
· Engine runs cool in stop-and-go Florida traffic. No overheating.
· Custom, chromed, dual air induction system for engine.
· Custom headers and exhaust, porcelain coated.
· Five speed manual Tremec transmission and stock Z06 Corvette clutch.
· Engine compartment painted in bronze, semi-gloss metallic (same as chassis).
· Custom engine covers, painted to match car.
· Black, custom convertible top with glass rear window (not plastic). Wider rear wheels required “tubbed” wheel wells that narrowed top storage. Top narrowed 4 inches to enable the top to be folded into smaller storage area behind seats.
· Hardtop is painted in same, French Vanilla color as the body. Leather headliner matches interior leather. New windows in hardtop.
· Mileage: At 60MPH, car gets 22-25 miles per gallon running at 1,600RPM in 5th gear.
· Performance, ¼ mile: Car ran a respectful 11.72 seconds at 118MPH during test runs.
· Rack and pinion steering
· Power brakes, polished aluminum billet brake booster.
· Boyd Coddington polished aluminum wheels, mirror-imaged.
· Trunk is lined with leather on all surfaces including trunk lid.
· New windshield
*TITLE IN TRANSIT -Car is registered in Canada; vehicle will need to go through import process.
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- LS1 V8
- Body Color
- Light Gold
- Body Style
- Corvette Restomod
- Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console